A home is a great investment for families and investors a like, and there are many great ways to improve upon your homes value for future resell. Though you may not be able to afford all of these, it is wise to pick at least one or two to really improve the resell value of your home.
10) Solar Panels – Most people don’t think of this but solar panels are a great way to increase the value of your home. On average a 5kw solar system will increase the value of your home by $20,000 to $25,000. Check your states current incentives with solar power because it really changes the size of the investment needed to get the panels, and the taxes you will pay on your increased property value.
9) Pool Remodel – Remodeling your pool is another great way to increase the value of your home. You’ll enjoy the aesthetics of your newly designed pool and the great ROI when you resell. Just ensure that you are making changes that the next homeowner will find value in. Consult with a local pool remodel company in your area to get a better idea of what changes will offer the best ROI.
8) Double Pane Windows – This is a standard in many homes, but with those who live in historic homes, this can be a great way to get a good ROI, and drive down those monthly utility bills.
7) Water Heater Capacity – Buying a new water heater doesn’t take a large investment and is a great selling point when you decide to sell the home. Plus you can take longer hot showers until the day you decide to sell your home.
6) Countertops – This has become a very popular renovation trend over the past decade and continues to be one of the best ways to get a substantial return on your investment. Granite has been the choice for many over the past decade, but explore concrete counter tops, and other materials that may become popular over the next decade.
5) Light fixtures – light fixtures and ceiling fans offer a great enhancement to your home, and are one of the most affordable things you can do to get a good return on a small investment.
4) Appliances – This is one that many know of and something people often do before they resell. Changing out your appliances to modern stainless steel appliances with all the new features has proven to be a timeless way to increase your homes value.
3) Flooring – Changing out your old carpets and replacing your tile is another popular renovation that has proven to add great value to your home. Old carpets contain unwanted germs, and changing them out will not only make your home cleaner but it will also make it more valuable.
2) Bathroom – This is no secret and has been shared countless times throughout the internet and in magazines. Renovating your bathroom is a sure fire way to increase the value of your home. Women are often the emotional decision makers, and by making sure you have a modern bathroom is a great way to sell the home for the price you are looking for.
1) Paint – A great paint job can go a long way! If you are thinking to sell your home make sure you have a fresh coat of paint on your walls. Paint is so cheap and it can really add that extra touch to your homes perceived value. Make sure however you have a steady hand, or that you have a professional do it. You can quickly lose value if your lines arn’t straight and it looks like you did a bad job.